Friday, August 26, 2011

It's a miracle!

Yesterday was my 2nd vaccination for the Trial...and things actually ran smoothly! It might be a small miracle. I called before I left the house to say I was on my way, the lab called me back within a few minutes to say that I was checked in and they had began thawing out my vaccination. We arrived there and only waited around 10 minutes before being called in. The nurse had everything ready so I was in and out of the lab within 5 minutes. The shot wasn't nearly as painful this time going in, I didn't cry and my anxiety level was at it's minimum. Hooray! This is me, happy (for once) after getting my vaccination:


What happened the last time was that my arm was totally in pain right after getting the shot. This time, it really didn't hurt. Today, though - my arm hurts bad. The last time it lasted about 3 days of me not really being able to sleep on it or touch it. Aside from the pain I also got a little swelling and a red blotch about the size of a silver dollar. BUT, no flu-like symptoms or anything crazy so I'm happy about that. Hopefully it stays that way and as I continue to get the vaccinations it doesn't get worse.

Other then my first really fabulous visit to Sloan yesterday, I don't really have any new news. I can say that my ribs are still very sensitive and the same areas that were numb, still are. It doesn't help that I've been getting back to my normal social life where wearing a bra is a necessity. This might be causing my ribs to remain in pain constantly. Who knows. My scar remains pretty gnarly looking and hasn't really started to look any better then it did a month ago. The arrow is pointing to my vaccination area and if you look closely, you can still see some bruising left from my freakin' surgery over 8 weeks ago. My body is nuts. You'd think at least the bruises would have went away by now.


In 3 days I will have been out for 9 weeks. Have I received my FIRST Disability check as of yet? NOPE! This is just getting to the point of insanity now. Seriously, anyone going out on Disability in the state of New Jersey needs to save their pennies for months before deciding to get sick (as if we have a choice); otherwise, you'll be dancing for dollars as soon as you're able to walk. It's absurd.

My next vaccination is this coming Wednesday since I will be jet-setting to Miami on Thursday morning. I'm hoping things will go just as quick and easy as they did this week but with Sloan it's always a gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment