Monday, July 14, 2014

Mexico.

Like a total whirlwind, I made the decision with confidence to turn down chemo and within a few days I was booked to start an all-natural, alternative treatment at Angeles Hospital in Mexico...starting tomorrow, July 15th. This is an intense 3 week clinic that monitors you at all times. Although I wasn't nervous before, I am now. Not due to my decision but more because I didn't have much time to let everything sink in - but do I ever?

I really feel good about my decision so I'm anxious to start but of course, apprehensive too. Life is just one big guessing game so I'm doing my best to stay positive that now was the best time to do this. But, as usual, due to the always impeccable timing of my stupid disease, I'm missing Summer once again!

I'm holding onto the hope that this treatment will really combat my Cancer - even if it only holds it at bay for a while.

The largest downfall of this treatment is, of course, the cost. Since it's not approved by the FDA it's a total out of pocket expense...and it's not chump change. I had to start a fundraiser just to ease my mind a little before confirming with Angeles. It was a difficult move for me to admit to needing help with this. I hate asking people for things - especially not money. I will say, though, the shower of support I have received from this has deeply touched my heart. I feel so incredibly grateful to have known such remarkable people. I have received so many messages of support and positivity from people whom I never would've even thought remembered me, let alone cheer me on. It's amazing. I am so beyond thankful.

So now I start my journey to hopefully healing for good! I even bought a few pick-me-up t's...


I figured, they can't hurt, right? I can use all the help I can get! So wish me luck! Send positive vibes! Pray! I will appreciate anything you can do to help me out. I'm SO over dealing with this disease, I can't even begin to explain. Thank you so much in advance.

If you are in the giving mood and would like to donate, please visit: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/v725/rid-me-of-leiomyosarcoma-for-good-

THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Erin....you don't know me...but I came upon your blog in a round about way. First let me say what an inspiration you are. As a cancer patient myself, I can relate to the ups and downs, the hopes and fears, the disappointing doc appointments, and so much more. When I read this particular post, I was wondering if it was Dr Andrade? I spoke to him at length last fall and was considering going but did not. I good friend of mine did go last fall and spent about four weeks with him. I would love to know your opinion and how you are doing since you went. I will add you to my prayer list and I wish you only the best.....and for healing to surround you.
    My best....stay strong,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori - I'm SO sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I haven't actually been on here in almost a year (I've been slacking). The doctors I met with in Mexico were at Angeles Hospital and no, none of them were named Dr. Andrade. If you would like to speak more about this, please email me at erinpatrick17@gmail.com. I hope you're doing well in your cancer journey and appreciate the prayers and well wishes!!!

      - Erin

      Delete