Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Last Blog.


To everyone whose come in and out of my life –

The time has come to say goodbye. I never thought it would be so soon but I guess God had different plans.

There have been so many of you that have affected my life in the most positive way, and I wanted to say THANK YOU. Thank you for bringing me joy till I thought my smile couldn’t get any bigger. Thank you for making me laugh till it hurt. Thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for being there, for supporting me, for encouraging me, for teaching me, for holding me up, for guiding me, for EVERYTHING. Each of you made me who I was.  Thank you for allowing me in, for letting me be a part of your lives, for giving me the chance to love you. Each and every one of you has affected my life in a positive way. You made me, me. And for the longest time, I was so happy with what my life looked like.

Although this disease has finally “won,” I want you to know I never gave up. I continued to fight until the end.  And I did it for all of you. You have all given me so much; I wanted to show you I could do it, to make you proud to call me a friend.

I want you to know that I lived without regret. I loved strong and loved many. I can say that I’ve seen so many beautiful parts of this world that I will always take with me. I can say that I have SO many memories that have kept me going, kept me smiling and most of all, kept me fighting.  Do I wish I was able to stay longer? Of course. Who doesn’t? But it seems that it just isn’t the way things turned out to be.

I will take a part of each of you with me and I will cherish it for eternity. Life is what you make of it, and I want all of you to make your lives everything you always wanted it to be.

Please don’t pity or feel bad for me. Stepping back, I can see that I had everything I always wanted. And you were all a part of that.

Thank you. I love you.

 

With all my heart and soul,

    Erin

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a part of my life. Your courage and strength inspire me. I pray that when God calls you home, you are greeted with more love and glory than you can imagine. Love to you, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will always live in my memory as the beautiful, funny, loving, and talented Fox (one of three) that could turn the world on its head with a song and a smile. Until we meet again, love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I have always admired your courage and talents, outgoingness, confidence and brave personality. . It is my belief a person only loses when they stop believing in themselves, lose confidence and live with any form of self doubt .. you have never lost in my eyes. You are a victor who has fought an epic battle with a smile and grace. I wish you an eternity with God filled with love and warmth. As always, sending you love and positive vibes. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Erin! So happy to be a part of this journey with you. It doesn't end here. I'm always here for you and I will continue to be here for you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, you'll never know how many lives you have impacted, people you have helped progress in their own journey, and wonderful memories you have left us all. May God watch over you. Elaine Giknis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin, dear Angel friend, pride is what is felt while being able to read this blog over time. Each hurdle that came for you was met with your uncanny determination to kick it. Just like you say here, that you've never given up, I've never stopped praying for you, and your loved ones. We love you, Erin! Kisses and hugs and most of all, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me Erin!!! Thank you for showing me what true strength is and how befriending a total stranger in a time of need makes such a big impact! In the few short years I've been lucky enough to know you I have learned so very much from you! There's a light that shines in you like I've never seen before and that will continue to shine forever within all of us who you shared it with!!! I will make sure to do just as you said!!! Love you!!!! Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Erin,

    I can't believe how many years it has been. I was forwarded your blog today since I don't have Facebook and began reading some of your older posts. I can't even put into words how much I admire your strength, courage and ability to tackle life with such a sense of humor when most would have just given up. I have always remembered you as compassionate, loving, funny and a huge animal lover and it looks like none of that has changed. I am sorry I didn't get to know you as an adult but, I will always remember you.

    With much hugs and love,

    Aixa Pino

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin, I found out about you and your blog from a post Krystal Roccaro shared on facebook. I was also a Jersey Shore musical theater kid and just from seeing your photo I thought who is this bad ass warrior princess, this person I definitely would have liked to have been friends with in high school. I began reading your blog from the beginning and I'm leveled. I'm devastated for you and your family, but I'm also in astonishment over your strength, your resilience, your humor, your bravery and your take the bull by the horns attitude. You are a warrior. You're an inspiration and you have lived a life of impact. Your struggle is not in vein. It has inspired me to go back to the thing I love after leaving it a few years ago due to fear. It's inspired me to be kinder and more appreciative. It's inspired me to live in strength and bravery instead of insecurity and fear.

    My heart is with you. I pray for you and your family. I pray for peace. I pray you know that your life has had meaning. Your spirit, your strength and your generosity have affected many people. You've become one or those rare people that have influenced the greater good.

    All the blessings and love and eternal hope for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Erin,
    Though you may not post anymore, I hope someone reads this to you. I know that the last few weeks you have surrounded by family and friends with a very full social calendar :) That's exactly what I would hope for you! I wanted you to know how bright and strong your energy has always been to even those who didn't know you as well. Since I met you through the Docs of Rock, I've never known you when you weren't "sick". And until the last few weeks, part of me just couldn't believe it was as serious as I knew it was. You DID kick cancers' ass for a damn long time - and did it with a ferocity and grace that I can only hope I and my children can mirror when we face terrifying challenges in our own lives. It feels trite to tell you that you're inspiring - but hell - you're inspiring! For however short a time you had on this earth, you were damn good at LIVING. I've watched close family members struggle with serious illness, succumbing to depression and worse. They got so caught up in the fear of dying that they forgot completely how to LIVE every moment they had. You never seemed to forget that for a second. You have an energy and zest and 'you want a piece of me!' attitude that took you far, and that I'm so grateful for having known. Thank you for touching my life and for teaching me that strength and tenacity can take you to amazing places - and that replacement of those qualities by peace is never a defeat.
    Heaven has no idea how amazingly it's next angel can sing. I will listen for you.
    much love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete