Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Project.

I can remember actually looking forward to getting sick when I was younger because I knew what would be waiting for me if I did: my comfortable bed or couch with my pillows, pajamas and blanket, a few good movies of my choice, perhaps some ice cream and most importantly - no school. Today it's not so fun anymore since I have to waste a perfectly good PTO day that I could have used to play hookie to go to the beach. Not to mention that nowadays you don't stay home sick just because your head hurts - you're legitimately ill. The last time I stayed home from work was because I was sick with a fever and felt like death. That's basically what I felt like at the beginning of this disability period. I would've rather have been stuck in my shoe box of an office with no windows, the phone ringing off the hook and associates asking annoying questions.

Three weeks since surgery, I'm feeling a heck of a lot better then I did three weeks ago. I can move around without getting super winded, I can sleep in more then two positions (YAY!), I can lift my left arm above my head and my battle wounds are looking less and less threatening. Of course I'm still unbelievably sore but I can live with that. Therefore - now I'm starting to get bored. I've sat on my couch in my pj's long enough and exhausted my TV-watching energy. Now I actually want to do something.

I wish I could get back to the gym while I'm home. I've been starting to feel lazier as the days go by. There have been times in my pain medication induced state that I actually began to feel as though my body was melding into the couch cushion. However, I am still unable to wear a bra due to this lovely laceration on my back. I don't think it would be wise for a woman as well endowed as myself to hit the gym without my usual bra + sports bra + tank top + fitted t-shirt. And some women choose to surgically do this to themselves? I don't get it. But I digress.

Needless to say - I needed a project. Something to keep my mind from turning to complete mush during the upcoming weeks where I'm still not allowed to drive my 6 month old new car or do anything requiring strangers to be subjected to my free-boobin' it attire. Therefore, I have convinced my father to let me remodel our kitchen. I said I needed some exercise, no?

Obviously I'm not completely gutting the thing and my dad is helping me paint the walls BUT I have been doing (if I do say so myself) quite a swell job of stripping and painting the cabinets thus far. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint does to a room. I am moving at a slower then snail speed but it's been keeping me busy these last few days and will probably keep me busy for a while since again, I'm probably doing everything 5x's slower then it would normally take me. But I'm glad I finally have something to do other then search through Netflix for the 347th time or open the refrigerator door to stare at the same food that's been in there for a week.

Anyway...my paint brush is calling...

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe I remember your "comfy ouch" story in elementary school. Do you??? When Chris was away I took advantage and did some furniture arranging. It def. helps to be productive. :)

    ReplyDelete